For the fifth year, local celebrities are putting on their dancing shoes and teaming up with Academy Ballroom dance studio instructors to raise money for East Tennessee’s children with a local version of the popular “Dancing with the Stars” television show.
The “Star 102.1 Dancing with the Knoxville Stars” competition will take place Friday, March 22nd. Doors open at 6 p.m., show starts at 7 p.m. The event is hosted by the Knoxville Expo Center and sponsored by Wells Fargo Advisors.
Knoxville area celebrities dancing this year include:
- WBIR 10 News Anchor Russell Biven
- Knoxville News Sentinel Cartoonist Charlie Daniel
- WATE 6 News Reporter Don Dare
- WVLT 8 News Anchor Amanda Hara
- Singer/Songwriter Jordan Hill
- Actor David Keith
- Star 102.1 Radio Personality Dusti Kempf
- Jewelry Television Host Misty Mills
- Comedienne Leanne Morgan
There are two ways to support the event, which will benefit East Tennessee Children’s Hospital: purchase tickets to the event or vote online for your favorite celebrity dancer.... read the rest of the story by Subscribing now.