A fire in an apartment located at 727 Pleasant Valley Rd could have been a major catastrophe had it not been for the quick action of the Seymour Volunteer Fire Department.
At 8:26 PM Saturday evening, the SVFD was dispatched to the apartment fire. The firefighters arrived to find a smoke filled apartment. The fire was found in the ceiling above the washer and dryer electrical receptacles.
The firefighters pulled the ceiling and extinguished the fire without incident.
The apartment is occupied by Robert Farraugut. Warren Sullivan is the apartment owner.
According to reports, Mr. Farraugut stated the power just went out and he smelled what he believed to be smoke from an electrical fire at which time he then removed himself and his daughter to the outside and called 911.
Engine 5, Engine 15, Support 2, Support 17 and 10 firefighters responded to the incident.